Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Taking a crack at it



Question: Are there the same amount of windows on both sides of my block?
Conclusion: It's a possibility

For the first stat I stayed close to home. I often look at the other side of the street through my window, but how many people can look back at me? Are the amount of windows the same on both sides of the block?

Based on a sample of 8 houses on each side of the block, the evidence does not indicate that there is a difference within a 95% confidence interval! There very well could be the same amount of windows on both sides. Maybe this study will be kept open for further study and let a few more stats blow in.

Sample number of Windows on my Block Data:

#South SideNorth Side
143
235
354
447
564
663
753
8116

Disclaimer:
I am actually not sure if this analysis finds the same amount but rather if the averages of the two populations are the same. So I could have just found that the the average house on both sides of the block have the same average amount of windows like ~ 4 or 5. I'll have to think about this more but I'm still going to present it like it is so any ways and make this text v small. Regardless, something has to be similar or I'll eat my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment